Two woman, Anita Holzberg and Ann Wainwright met over the internet with Bill Costley,
their common friend, whose wife Carolin had been Ann's good friend. Starting in
June '09, Anita sent a Cupcake poem to Ann's website cakecakecake, after seeing
the photo of cupcakes. The poem was about her grandson's first birthday party. Ann
liked that and it was the start of a wonderful exchange of poems from Anita to Ann and
Ann with color, photos, and lay-out savvy, presented them to the blog. Now, in 2010,
the two women so alike in spirit and interests, have started BetweenFriends, a new blog
site where they can combine ideas about their worlds. Ann lives in Northern UK
(Teesside). Anita lives in Northern California, Sunnyvale, (Silicon Valley where all the
computers are.) We share our lives on this blog and hope you will comment and share
yours too, dear readers and enjoy the "ride".

Saturday 7 January 2012

In Fog, I will remember you... - Anita Holzberg

In fog
  I will remember you
     everything about YOU
         your walk
              your smile
                  your nose
          your glasses

In light
   I will remember you
       your wit
           your exactness
              your amazing mind

In dark
   I will remember Lexus
      I will remember your embrace
          your hot tub
             your Fox news
                your simple tastes

In Winter
    I will remember you under the covers
In Summer
    I will remember you smoking cigars on your patio
In Fall
    I will remember walking Cocoa
In Spring
    I will remember shorts and sandels
      barbecues
             steak and baked potatoes

                          everything I lost
                      when I lost YOU

everything I had to begin again when you got ill
everything about my life changed
       the light bulb went out
           the flame that kept me going was gone
everything I had to learn
           how to walk
            how to reach out to strangers
            how to bite the bullet of lonely nights without YOU

In the learning
  in the being in being
      I began again
with the strength of you behind me
     always behind me
         that burning in my heart
              will never go out
                   never is a long way.

Anita Schiffman Holzberg 

No comments:

Post a Comment