Two woman, Anita Holzberg and Ann Wainwright met over the internet with Bill Costley,
their common friend, whose wife Carolin had been Ann's good friend. Starting in
June '09, Anita sent a Cupcake poem to Ann's website cakecakecake, after seeing
the photo of cupcakes. The poem was about her grandson's first birthday party. Ann
liked that and it was the start of a wonderful exchange of poems from Anita to Ann and
Ann with color, photos, and lay-out savvy, presented them to the blog. Now, in 2010,
the two women so alike in spirit and interests, have started BetweenFriends, a new blog
site where they can combine ideas about their worlds. Ann lives in Northern UK
(Teesside). Anita lives in Northern California, Sunnyvale, (Silicon Valley where all the
computers are.) We share our lives on this blog and hope you will comment and share
yours too, dear readers and enjoy the "ride".

Monday 23 January 2012

I Put On My Wishing Hat - by Anita

On this rainy Monday
   the door open
       the inevitable dream
              comes
           as peace washes
                  over me
             my heart on a limb

                 On this morning
            in the dark
                  out of bed
                     4 AM
                 Sumatra coffee
             I ground the beans
                  very fresh

                    I think
            that England is far
              Oakland is farther
                Santa Cruz
                    over the hill

               I put on my wishing hat
                     I could go there
                             sometime
                 when leg and feet working
                             as one unit

                     The sea of memory is deep
               Evie is growing by leaps and bounds
                     Owen is waiting for me

                   We will catch up

                      We will see the sunrise
                            as the rain hammers
                              
                 In all this
                         there is a pervading goodness
                                 I feel it
                              for me and thee.

Anita Schiffman Holzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment