Two woman, Anita Holzberg and Ann Wainwright met over the internet with Bill Costley,
their common friend, whose wife Carolin had been Ann's good friend. Starting in
June '09, Anita sent a Cupcake poem to Ann's website cakecakecake, after seeing
the photo of cupcakes. The poem was about her grandson's first birthday party. Ann
liked that and it was the start of a wonderful exchange of poems from Anita to Ann and
Ann with color, photos, and lay-out savvy, presented them to the blog. Now, in 2010,
the two women so alike in spirit and interests, have started BetweenFriends, a new blog
site where they can combine ideas about their worlds. Ann lives in Northern UK
(Teesside). Anita lives in Northern California, Sunnyvale, (Silicon Valley where all the
computers are.) We share our lives on this blog and hope you will comment and share
yours too, dear readers and enjoy the "ride".

Saturday 7 March 2015

Ode to 70 Years - Anita Holzberg

70 years is not that much
not even a century
not even 3/4 of a century
70 years.....
hum ho hum
I lived, loved, cherished, sweat the small stuff
pondered over life and death situations
talked my way into everything
stood at attention in the classroom
nurtured my dear daughters til they now are nurturing me
married 25 years...now we talk like old friends
lived a lot of places
traveled to Europe 3 times Mexico, Hawaii, Canada
wrote rimes  of poetry
over 7,000 poems but whose counting
published
did a CD for perfection
Hugged my nieces and grand nieces and nephews
laughed with my sister and cried too
sat in Torah class and learned a lot
Played mah jongg every Monday and loved the women
Played the piano and made up songs
Taught Misaki English through science and colors
Petted Mocha my cat as she found a spot on my bed
Fed Picchu for 7 years now in the yard
Held my head high
Cherished my Owen and Evie every day...
The true flowers of my life
Honored my daughters and son in laws for their strength and courage
Sat in my chair and in my garden
I savored these moments with my hazelnut coffee
Walked 1,000 steps in my house
Swam miles with my heart
Danced with my friends who I hold close
With friends like Karen you can go everywhere
Connected with Stephie, my camp friend of 50 years
70 years is what it is
I embrace it and the life I have lived
and Continue to continue
In that fashion and then some.

Anita Schiffman Holzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment