Two woman, Anita Holzberg and Ann Wainwright met over the internet with Bill Costley,
their common friend, whose wife Carolin had been Ann's good friend. Starting in
June '09, Anita sent a Cupcake poem to Ann's website cakecakecake, after seeing
the photo of cupcakes. The poem was about her grandson's first birthday party. Ann
liked that and it was the start of a wonderful exchange of poems from Anita to Ann and
Ann with color, photos, and lay-out savvy, presented them to the blog. Now, in 2010,
the two women so alike in spirit and interests, have started BetweenFriends, a new blog
site where they can combine ideas about their worlds. Ann lives in Northern UK
(Teesside). Anita lives in Northern California, Sunnyvale, (Silicon Valley where all the
computers are.) We share our lives on this blog and hope you will comment and share
yours too, dear readers and enjoy the "ride".

Saturday 17 September 2011

Nona - Diane - by Anita Holzberg

felt
 soft smooth felt
   I hold it my hand
       I cut a piece to be
        a Halloween present
            for my grandson

Fabric played such a big part in
        my children's lives
           their grandmother was a sewer
                       her designs of dresses
                             for my young daughters
            we shopped together in fabric stores
                       now, her granddaughter
                                   a master sewer

In the remembering
   life is sweet
        all those years gone now,
                I am the grandmother
                      sewing for Owen
                                 not quite the same level
                              I go to fabric stores
                                   and hold it in my hands
                            tactile memories
                                    of Diane, my mother in law
                                              her goodness
                                            still here
                                                  in my life.


Anita Schiffman Holzberg 

No comments:

Post a Comment