Two woman, Anita Holzberg and Ann Wainwright met over the internet with Bill Costley,
their common friend, whose wife Carolin had been Ann's good friend. Starting in
June '09, Anita sent a Cupcake poem to Ann's website cakecakecake, after seeing
the photo of cupcakes. The poem was about her grandson's first birthday party. Ann
liked that and it was the start of a wonderful exchange of poems from Anita to Ann and
Ann with color, photos, and lay-out savvy, presented them to the blog. Now, in 2010,
the two women so alike in spirit and interests, have started BetweenFriends, a new blog
site where they can combine ideas about their worlds. Ann lives in Northern UK
(Teesside). Anita lives in Northern California, Sunnyvale, (Silicon Valley where all the
computers are.) We share our lives on this blog and hope you will comment and share
yours too, dear readers and enjoy the "ride".

Saturday 7 March 2015

Restless - Anita

I salute the morning
  quiet time to write my heart
I salute the memory of the Shatz house
   that I visited many times to celebrate holidays
They were my second family, my home
I salute Phyllis whose words and deeds were enormously beautiful
I salute Sol whose brilliance shone like a star in the midnight sky

They are gone now.
 they took me in when I had no where to go
 they comforted me
 I walked with Phylis ten years
We talked about everything

I celebrate Joel and Tami and Neal
They were my family
I want to be there for them
Even now.

Anita Schiffman Holzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment