Two woman, Anita Holzberg and Ann Wainwright met over the internet with Bill Costley,
their common friend, whose wife Carolin had been Ann's good friend. Starting in
June '09, Anita sent a Cupcake poem to Ann's website cakecakecake, after seeing
the photo of cupcakes. The poem was about her grandson's first birthday party. Ann
liked that and it was the start of a wonderful exchange of poems from Anita to Ann and
Ann with color, photos, and lay-out savvy, presented them to the blog. Now, in 2010,
the two women so alike in spirit and interests, have started BetweenFriends, a new blog
site where they can combine ideas about their worlds. Ann lives in Northern UK
(Teesside). Anita lives in Northern California, Sunnyvale, (Silicon Valley where all the
computers are.) We share our lives on this blog and hope you will comment and share
yours too, dear readers and enjoy the "ride".

Sunday 17 October 2010

Lasting PEACE - Anita Holzberg


Lasting P e a c e
I taste you at a clean kitchen table
flowers light the way

Lasting M e m o r y
the candle is glowing
loving thoughts holding
my 89 year old Auntie
cheers me

Lasting I n t e l l e c t
the words fly like silver fish
the tongues speak
the brain moves swiftly
over the broom-stick
witch
as she shows her colors
for Halloween

Lasting P E A C E
I can not taste you
a taste of beige grapefruit sweet
a ripe melon lingers
the sun aglow like Christmas in July
the tray of Chai tea before us
so great is
the Ma-coon cat Reggie nearby
the trees kissing the pavement
You near by too

Lasting P E A C E
You have been my longing
my forever yearning
my quest among many landscapes
now you sit with me
as big as all outdoors
and pray with me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment