Two woman, Anita Holzberg and Ann Wainwright met over the internet with Bill Costley,
their common friend, whose wife Carolin had been Ann's good friend. Starting in
June '09, Anita sent a Cupcake poem to Ann's website cakecakecake, after seeing
the photo of cupcakes. The poem was about her grandson's first birthday party. Ann
liked that and it was the start of a wonderful exchange of poems from Anita to Ann and
Ann with color, photos, and lay-out savvy, presented them to the blog. Now, in 2010,
the two women so alike in spirit and interests, have started BetweenFriends, a new blog
site where they can combine ideas about their worlds. Ann lives in Northern UK
(Teesside). Anita lives in Northern California, Sunnyvale, (Silicon Valley where all the
computers are.) We share our lives on this blog and hope you will comment and share
yours too, dear readers and enjoy the "ride".

Thursday 24 April 2014

A poem by Anita


Quietly, I pack the house up
the Activia in the trash
 down the hatch
the lights all extinguished
the reading done
10:30 is when I turn out the lights
Little Mocha sleeping on a pillow beside me
Asleep for hours
Until Midnight when I get up
The cat wakens also
She is always by my side
In the middle of the night
My trusted companion
In the day not too far from reach
Quietly, I dim the lights
Its been a lovely day
My dear friend Aya for tea
My dear Dr. Chi and Julie hoovering over me
Like incredible watch dogs
I feel better now
I feel the strength returning to my life
I stand at attention to the rising of the sun
I wait for the house to quietly say goodnight
I am not afraid to be alone
The burning has almost stopped
a minor miracle I am witnessing
Just as the end of the day there is peace
love tranquility
trust of oneself
One more evening.
Quietly the house says "good night."



No comments:

Post a Comment