Two woman, Anita Holzberg and Ann Wainwright met over the internet with Bill Costley,
their common friend, whose wife Carolin had been Ann's good friend. Starting in
June '09, Anita sent a Cupcake poem to Ann's website cakecakecake, after seeing
the photo of cupcakes. The poem was about her grandson's first birthday party. Ann
liked that and it was the start of a wonderful exchange of poems from Anita to Ann and
Ann with color, photos, and lay-out savvy, presented them to the blog. Now, in 2010,
the two women so alike in spirit and interests, have started BetweenFriends, a new blog
site where they can combine ideas about their worlds. Ann lives in Northern UK
(Teesside). Anita lives in Northern California, Sunnyvale, (Silicon Valley where all the
computers are.) We share our lives on this blog and hope you will comment and share
yours too, dear readers and enjoy the "ride".

Tuesday 18 September 2012

end of Sunday - Anita Holzberg

Riding home
the September sun cool breeze upon my shoulders
Riding home
from the park
the sun still glistens in my eye
If you were here
I could take you in my arms
rest there, just rest there
at the end of a slow moving Sunday
its not 10 just yet
my bathing suits dry, ready to be picked up
If you were here
  I could whisper sweet nothings
and drink you in

much like fine wine
much like the perfect ending for a perfect day
but you are not here
I can only imagine it
imagine it
like the sea lapping upon the shore
like the wind taking off on my scarf
just imagining it
and that image makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment